Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm sleepy

Asleep on Tokyo Tube - attractive! Well after 7 months of living in Japan I've finally managed to set up a blog! This is probably because when I'm not working I'm sleeping (or drinking. So I may as well be asleep as I've often been told I'm wondering around with my eyes closed!). Even the opportunities of travelling around Japan I find myself conking out. Hence evidence from photo - Kal & me on Tokyo tube. We were only on the thing for 2 stops.
Well, I'm not sure where all this tiredness comes from but I've adapted the Japanese response of when being asked how I am, I reply a lot of the time with 'I'm sleepy'. Often wondering why I never manage to get things done (i.e. this blog) is because I'm more than likely asleep. Must be something in the air.
Right then, November's resolution (in preparation for the New Year ones): to stay awake more.

4 Comments:

At November 08, 2005, Blogger Vernon said...

Bloody brilliant post.

It's amazing how ones own language changes in various situations. "Sleepy" - yep, definitely a Japanese extension beyond a toddler's expression for tired.

Keep up the writing! Looking forward to the next installment.
Kampai!

 
At November 08, 2005, Blogger popito said...

A photo and a post - congrats! Particularly fond of your first post tho...

 
At November 09, 2005, Blogger Luke said...

As the wakeful photographer, I can confirm that the oportunities to take a photo of Kate and Kal asleep were many. My fav was the museum in Tokyo. I left them for five minutes and the next thing you know they are both sound asleep and snoring in a little alcove of the museum. V impressive.

Congrats on the blog Kate. Keep the stories coming. Love the ninja photo too.

Luke

 
At March 14, 2006, Blogger Oliver said...

Kate
te vez demaciado hermosa,... take care
oliver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home